Macon Pride is launching a new marketing campaign to encourage middle Georgia's lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender residents to patronize local businesses and get more involved in their local communities.
To many in this community, there is a lingering perception that the climate in local restaurants and clubs is at best intolerant, and at worst hostile to them because of their sexual orientation. Because of this perception, many of these people travel to Atlanta or Savannah seeking more comfortable environments during leisure entertainment outings.
In an effort to change this perception of local businesses, and to accurately present a truer picture of the local entertainment landscape as being one of tolerance and acceptance, Macon Pride, Inc. is conducting the following survey to assess the climate of each business in Macon for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community, as both employees and patrons of this business.
If you would please take just a few minutes to answer the following questions in this email form, it would be most appreciated. If you have any questions or comments about this project, we'd love to hear from you. Please feel free to call us at 478-746-1998, or email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Do you consider your business as a place that provides fair and equal treatment to all customers in a welcoming environment, regardless of real or perceived sexual orientation of your customers?
2. To the best of your knowledge, have you ever or do you now employ people
you believe are gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgendered?
3. Have you ever fired an employee because of his or her real or perceived
4. Does your business have a written non-discrimination policy that includes
real or perceived sexual orientation?
5. To the best of your knowledge, in your business have you or your staff
encountered customers that are believed to be lesbian, gay, bisexual or
Yes, at least once a week
Yes, at least once a month
Yes, at least once a year
No, none to my knowledge.
6. If you answered Yes to question 5, in your opinion do these customers receive
the same level of hospitality and service as your non-gay customers?
Yes No (explain below)
If you answered no for question 6, please explain here.
7. Have you in the past or do you currently conduct diversity training workshops
for your staff?
8. If you answered No to question 7, would you consider a diversity training
workshop for your staff?
9. If you receive a complaint that one of your customers was harassed,
discriminated against, or otherwise treated poorly with unmistakable anti-gay
behaviour by members of your staff, how would you respond to the complaint? (check all that apply)
Ignore it the first time only
Ignore it each time it's reported
Question the staff member for more information and/or confirmation of the
Reprimand the staff member with a verbal warning.
Reprimand the staff member with a written warning.
Fire the staff member after repeated offenses only.
Other (explain below).
10. Would you consider hosting an event in your place of business that caters
primarily to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender customers?
11. Would you consider occassional promotional incentives such as coupons,
contests, or discounts for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered customers in
order to increase their patronage in your business?
12. Would you allow Macon Pride, Inc. to list your business as one that
guarantees fair and equal treatment of all customers in a welcoming environment
in our "Macon Has It All" Resources Directory (listing is free, click for details on Resources Directory in separate window)?
Yes, please list my business in the Resources Directory
No, I do not wish to list my business in the Resources Directory
City: State: Zip:
Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey. Please feel free
to contact us with any questions or comments you may have.
(Please click the button only once, your responses are sent via email)
Macon Pride, Inc. is middle Georgia's lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender
community development and advocacy organization since 1998, and is a member of
the Macon-Bibb County Convention & Visitors Bureau since 2002.